Laservision Academy Medical Laser Safety Audit
Laservision Academy has extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of laser safety. Our Certified Laser Safety Officers provide medical safety audits for any type of medical facility that needs to be in compliance with OSHA, ANSI or JCAHO. The ANSI Z136.3 Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care Facilities standard states "A laser safety audit of the facility and personnel safety feature...shall be conducted and document...recommended annual inspection." Laservision can help your organization be or stay in compliance and help avoid potential accidents and OSHA/JACHO penalities.
Laservision Academy will:
- Meet with your facility Laser Safety Officer (LSO) and Laser Committee to review the current laser policies, procedures and standard operating procedures.
- Perform a laser hazard analysis and laser equipment safety features check.
- Review laser controlled areas for proper signage and entryway controls.
- Review skills validation compentencies to operate laser equipment.
- Review medical credentialing practices for physicians.
- Review preventative maintenance procedures with the Biomedical Department.
- Review beam and non-beam control measures.
- Review Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Review laser safety training requirements for employees and the LSO.
Upon completion of the medical laser safety audit Laservision Academy will provide a written detailed report outlining all areas of compliance and any areas that need improvement. Laservision Academy will make specific recommendations and assist in implementing any changes to ensure compliance with OSHA, ANSI and JCAHO.